Monday, September 5, 2011

Keep Silence With God





In order to hear the voice of God, one has to have silence in one's soul and to keep silence;not a gloomy silence, but an interior silence; that is to say, recollection in God.  One can speak a great deal without breaking silence; and, on the contrary, one can speak little and be constantly breaking silence. 

~Saint Faustina Kawalska~

~~~~~~~

A call to silence.  Hmmm, this is something I have not been able to achieve.  I think I love to hear the sound of my own voice.  I have so much to say, and I have to admit, little of it is of value.  I think I must be that gong that makes no music in the midst of the music made by the glorious voice of God.  And perhaps I have this need to avoid silence because I fear God's voice.  What will he ask me to do!?!  And again, working to achieve silence requires effort.  I am LAZY!  I do need help and the assistance can only come from God in whom I MUST rely!  I must rely on the Holy Spirit to achieve this and again I must practice it.  It seems in this quote by Saint Faustina I have found another call to try again!

~~~^j^~~~
Thanks be to God!
Cathy

No comments:

Post a Comment

This has become a new adventure. One in which I will try to express my journey with providence.