Friday, February 20, 2015

Love Your Enemies


And thus we are called.  It is not a request.  It is a command.  As followers of Jesus we are commanded to do one of the most difficult things to do in our lives.  Yes.  Love my enemies.  

I will be on retreat this weekend at St. Meinrad Archabbey and  I will be pondering the words I have been called to print here.  I must be in need of this as the Holy Spirit is not frivolous in his actions.  And so I will pray for you and I ask for prayers for me to our merciful Father. 

~~~^j^~~~
Thanks be to God!

Cathy

3 comments:

  1. Have a wonderful contemplative retreat ~ xo

    Happy Weekend,
    artmusedog and carol

    ReplyDelete
  2. I so enjoyed that phrase. I do so agree. How can we change anothers mind if they do not see the love of God in us who believe?
    Janice

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree. We have forgotten this teaching of Jesus. Instead we are too quick to take revenge.We should learn to forgive and love. Peace :)

    ReplyDelete

This has become a new adventure. One in which I will try to express my journey with providence.