Wednesday, June 23, 2010

The Gift of Assertion

Posted by Picasa

Those who, to please their listeners, avoid giving a forthright declaration of the will of God become the slaves of those they would please, and abandon
the service of God." ~Saint Basil, the Great


I'm wondering if Saint Basil is asking, "Are you a wishy-washy Catholic? Do you fear rejection by others because of your stance in defense of the Faith?"

It occurred to me that if that is the case I really need to call upon the Holy Spirit to fill me with the gift of fortitude so I can carry on. For if it is true that I would rather please my peers than please my Creator, I need to step back and consider what rejection of God might mean to me. It asks, "Do you fear rejection today or should you fear rejection for eternity?"

I really need to think about it! How about you?

~~^j^~~
Thanks be to God!

1 comment:

  1. What a beautiful image. In words and pictures.
    Have a lovely day Cathy,
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete

This has become a new adventure. One in which I will try to express my journey with providence.