Thursday, September 24, 2009

God Calling


I have been reintroduced to God Calling edited by A. J. Russell. I used this book some thirty years ago when we lived in Oklahoma. A friend offered it to me then and now Norma has offered it to me again. I think God did hear my plea. This book as again offered me solace and encouragement in prayer. For several months it seems I have only been treading water. Today with both feet wet I have begun to wade with the Lord in comfortable waters, with less fear of drowning.

Today's reflection:

Learn of no one but Me. Teachers are to point the way to Me. After that you must accept Me, the Great Teacher.

The words of Eternal Life are all the words controlling your being, even controlling your temporal life. Take these too from Me. Have no fear. Abide in Me and accept My ruling.

Be full of gratitude. Wing up your prayers on Praise to Heaven. Take all that happens as My planning. all is well. I have all prepared in My love. Let your heart sing.

~~~^j^~~~
And so I say,
Thanks be to God!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

This has become a new adventure. One in which I will try to express my journey with providence.