Thursday, February 25, 2010

Who Do YOU Say I Am?


I have today been challenged to consider who I SAY Jesus is. A daunting task. For every time I think I have a conception that is clear, I again realize that he cannot be explained in human terms.

The reflection I offer is from A Catholic Woman's Book of Days by Amy Welborn.

Jesus went on with his disciples to the villages
of Caesarea Philippi; and on the way he asked
his disciples, "Who do people say that I am?"
~Mark 8:17
~~~
Who is Jesus? If we look around, we see lots of different variations on the theme of Jesus. Lots of options.

I often find that the more intense and wild the speculation, the less interest the speculator has in the most reliable sources we have when it comes to the question of who Jesus is: the Scriptures and the life of his church.

Who do I say that he is? An I just curious--or does the answer really matter? Where do I go to get to know the One who love me so?
~~~
Jesus, May I know who you are as I meet you in word and sacrament.

~~~

And so I leave you to speculate, reflect, ponder, pray. Commune with Him who loves you so much! For only you can answer this question satisfactorily for yourself. Only you can know who Jesus is to you. It's personal. It's without definition. It's only me and Jesus and you and Jesus. The glory in this is that the time spent with Him will give us a new perspective each and every time we have this time alone with Him.

+
~~+++~~
+
Thanks be to God!!!

1 comment:

  1. Jesus is "the way, the truth, and the light". He IS Love, the Son of God and the Son of Man, all that is good, all that is right and all that is beautiiful. He is HOPE, and without Him, where would we be?

    Enjoying your spiritual journey, Cathy!

    Love you,
    Abbey

    ReplyDelete

This has become a new adventure. One in which I will try to express my journey with providence.