Sunday, March 6, 2011

And Valiently She Went Home...

 Sister Mary Alice Zander, SP with 
Sister Mary Mundy, SP at small gathering
of Providence Associates of SW IN


Yesterday a gentle woman of Providence went home.  After suffering from cancer since 2009 she completed her Journey of Providence.  Sister Mary Alice Zander was and will be a model of tenderness, generosity and love.  She showed us how to live with adversity.  She lived her faith in the Almighty.  It has been my privilege to have met her and to have experienced her devotion to discipleship in her work with the Providence Associates.



   Sr. Joanna, Sr Mary Alice, Sr. Mary, Fr. Bernie, Connie, Ann Kevin, Cathy
Sr. Dorothy and Sr. Diane
September, 2010

Let us beg our Lord to choose for us
that which will unite us more closely to him;
and beseech him for the light, the grace, 
the strength we heed to do in all things 
his adorable will.
~Saint Mother Theodore Guerin~

~~^j^~~
Thanks be to God! 

4 comments:

  1. Cathy, so sorry to read this. May Sr Mary Alice rest in peace and receive her eternal reward.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sister Mary Alice was a kind, warm-hearted person and a friend of my family for many years. She was a great friend to my mother Marlaine, who lost her own battle with cancer in 2008. She was kind enough to travel to CT for my Mom's funeral where she gave a very touching eulogy. Through those trying times, Mary Alice helped me to better understand the situation and she comforted me with her kind words and prayers. She and I forged an email relationship since then and I was always happy to hear from her. She took great interest in my children and family. She will be greatly missed and her life and service have had a profound effect on my life. Rest in peace Mary Alice.
    Tom & Christine Hynes
    New Canaan, CT

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear Cathy, so sorry to read about a loss of a woman that was profoundly important and dear to you.
    The idea of "going home" has today resonated very strongly with me...
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. May she rest in peace. From your sharing here, we can see she brought much-needed light into the world and into the lives of many.

    ReplyDelete

This has become a new adventure. One in which I will try to express my journey with providence.