Thursday, August 13, 2009

High On Life!

Two Miles High
Rocky Mountain National Park, 2009

Yesterday was one of those days when I felt the intimate presence of Christ. It was "Journey Wednesday." I really appreciate these days so much since I started this journey.

First, I attended Mass surrounded by loving, caring friends. It is important to me, today, as I reflect on it that, even though we were all there for different reasons, we were all there united as one. One Holy Catholic and Apostolic Church!

Yesterday's journey had stops along the road, side trips. There was the scheduled visit with Sr. Dorothy. We had a wonderful meeting and discussion of "mission and ministry." We mapped our future together after this year of discernment on my Road to Providence. She graciously agreed to continue as my spiritual director and then she offered our first lesson for discussion. We will meet again in October.

My letter of commitment is written, evaluated, edited and typed. It will be mailed for approval to Sr. Mary Alice and Sister Diane next week.

On the way home, I stopped in Freelandville to visit a former neighbor, Jane, who was just recently admitted to the nursing home there. God love her, she is 89 years old and though she was weak and tired. She was still "Aunt" Jane, the lady who lived next door, the lady I'd have coffee with on her back porch all summer until Fall really arrived and she'd have to drink it indoors. A grand lady she is. I will visit her again soon!

I drove by the old house in Bicknell. It's still that lovely house I fell in love with 30 years ago, but it's not the same for someone else's personality has cared for it. God bless them.

Finally, last evening we had dinner with Fr. John Silva. He is a young priest with energy, vigor and a sincere love of our Savior and the Church. It is such a joy to be with young men who have accepted the call and answered it with enthusiasm and joy! Please God, in his busy life, offer Fr. John sufficient time to rest and recuperate, so that his vitality will not dim.

~~~^j^~~~
For yesterday and today, I say,
"Thanks be to God."

No comments:

Post a Comment

This has become a new adventure. One in which I will try to express my journey with providence.