Monday, August 10, 2009

Patience In the Line Of Duty


"Let them look up and see no longer us,
but only Jesus!
Stay with us,
and then we shall begin to shine as You shine;
so to shine as to be a light to others."
Attributed to Blessed Mother Teresa of Caluctta

For days it has been a challenge at work not to get discouraged. We are short handed and there has not been anyone hired yet to replace the girl who left. The fact is, I'm tired of listening to one of the girls complaining about how much work she has to do.

I guess that just doing my job, offering to help her when I can and being cheerful is about all I can do. We are all in the same boat. I have learned though that complaining doesn't make the work any easier or make it less a challenge. Just do it and be done with it.

I've also found that though the grass may appear to be greener on the other side, it usually is not. I know what I have to deal with in this job...don't want to learn a new one.

So, I will smile and try with all my might to shine. It is less painful, even if it is still exhausting. If Jesus can stretch out his arms for me. The least I can do is embrace my job and those with whom I work with patience and perseverance.

~~~^j^~~~
Thanks be to God!

Visit In Him We Live And Move And Have Our Being for the whole prayer!

No comments:

Post a Comment

This has become a new adventure. One in which I will try to express my journey with providence.