Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Practicing Christians

The world's greatest need
is not more Christians
but more Christians
who practice their Christianity.

This was the reflection today in Mission 2000 (B Cycle) It struck me as most true. There are many of us who claim Christianity as our own. If someone asks me if I am Christian I immediately answer, 'Yes." I was born a Christian. I was raised a Christian. And even more important, I was born and raised a Catholic Christian.

The question for me is how well do I LIVE my life as a Catholic Christian. Do I love the Lord my God with all my heart and soul, and do I love my neighbor as myself. Am I selfish or selfless as a Christian. As the song says, "They will know we are Christians by our love." Will they recognize that in me? I wonder! I can only hope so and keep trying to be a "good and faithful servant."

~~~*~*~*~~~

Thanks be to God!


No comments:

Post a Comment

This has become a new adventure. One in which I will try to express my journey with providence.