Monday, June 15, 2009

When Will I Learn...


Paying bills has been a chore for me this month. For the first time in years here at the Keller Place money is tight. I have been able to pay off all our credit cards completely now for several years. Not so this month. Some I will only be able to pay 50% of. In the process I personally have expanded my greed. Now one must pay the piper.

Vacation Days are upon us. There is the trip this weekend to Charlotte to visit David, Kelly and the kids with a short jaunt to Alpharetta to see Jimmy and Kelly. And for a long time I have taken time off without pay as "a gift" for me so that we could travel. With only two weeks vacation, that doesn't leave a lot of time to travel. This year is an exception as we also have trips to MT/CO, NV and back to GA for the wedding of Jimmy and Kelly.

I am guided, AGAIN, by Matthew 6:25-34.

Therefore, I tell you, do not worry about your life, what you will eat [or drink], or about your body, what you will wear. Is not life more than food and the body more that clothing? Look at the birds in the sky; they do not sow or reap, they gather nothing into barns, yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are not you more important than they? Can any of you by worrying add a single moment to your life span? Why are you anxious about clothes? Learn from the way the wild flowers grow. They do not work or spin. But I tell you that not even Solomon in all his splendor was clothed like one of them. If God so clothes the grass of the field, which grows today and is thrown into the oven tomorrow, will he not much more provide for you, O you of little faith? So do not worry and say 'What are we to wear?' All these things the pagans seek. Your heavenly Father knows that you need them all. But seek first the kingdom [of God] and his righteousness, and all these things will be given you besides. Do not worry about tomorrow; tomorrow will take care of itself.


I have to cling to this!!! He has provided for us always. He will continue to provide. I must stop thinking of myself and think of others in real need. When I become greedy I no longer think of others. Because of my extravagance in buying books, clothes, and food, I have diminished my offering at church and have been unable to give to the food bank and to Nick Seib who is in seminary. I must commit myself again to giving to others and not taking sooooo much myself.

Reflecting on these words I am certain, again, that the way has been shown to me. The wisdom of the Spirit has given options that we can pursue. First, we will be cutting the trip to MT/CO short by two days so that I can be back at work and not have to take too many days without pay. That at least is a start!

~~~^j^~~~

Thanks be to God!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

This has become a new adventure. One in which I will try to express my journey with providence.