Sunday, July 19, 2009

Abandonment to God's Providence

I am always astounded every time I am lead to a new prayer. Today before Mass I was saying my prayers in the Daily Roman Missal. This short prayer, almost hidden among the other, and missed by me for who knows how long, was gifted to me today.

My Lord and my God; into your hands I abandon the past and the present and the future, what is small and what is great, what amounts to a little and what amounts to a lot. Things temporal and thing eternal. Amen.
St. Josemaria Escriva,
The Way of the Cross
7th Station
Point for meditation #3
Princeton, NJ, Scepter Publishers, 1976


I don't know why I should be surprised, but I am none-the-less. "Give it up, Cathy. Let me surprise you!" he seems to say. Yet, I do worry about tomorrow. I fret about what I cannot fix.

Please God, increase my trust in you!

~~~^j^~~~
Thanks be to God

No comments:

Post a Comment

This has become a new adventure. One in which I will try to express my journey with providence.