Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Reflection

The sky is overcast here today. Not a gloomy sky, just overcast. It causes me to reflect on why it is that gray skies cause lethargy and an overall feeling of I-don't-want-to-do-anything.

Sunny skies always cause me to feel cheery and invigorated. I want to move about and get things done. I have a positive attitude and am uplifted by the glory of the day.

As I thought about this I realized this is the state of my soul in sin. When in sin my soul is overcast and gloomy. It's an I-don't-want-to-do-anything soul. I am not a productive Christian in this state. I can't be a witness to others as I can't take care of me.

Enter the Sacrament of Reconciliation. By simply opening my soul to the grace of God by ridding it of the sin that causes this Christian lethargy, we open our soul to the warmth and sunshine of God's priceless gift of grace.

It's so easy to rid ourselves of that unholy lethargy. All we need to do is avail ourselves of this most important sacrament.

You know, just knowing I am privileged to have this gift offered allow the sun in the window of the soul.

~~~^j^~~
Thanks be to God!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

This has become a new adventure. One in which I will try to express my journey with providence.